Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas in Chicago: Part 1

The other night we went ice skating at Millennium Park in Chicago, and it was the most fun ever. The city is amazing, the buildings are the tallest things I've ever seen, the park has the most festive Christmas lights, it was snowing and very picturesque outside. I was too excited to feel cold. I've never been ice skating because I've never been able to find skates made specifically for flat boys, but Aunt Molly had the fantastic idea of taping paper clips to my feet. Can you believe that it worked! We went around and around the rink, I didn't fall once and I even tried skating on one foot, which seems kind of scary but it wasn't. I'm glad I tried something new. The best part was when Santa showed up and I got to meet him in person. He had never seen a Flat Stanley before, he thought we weren't real! Maybe my next adventure should be a trip to the North Pole?




No comments:

Post a Comment