Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Da Bulls!

I know if anything I should probably be a Pistons fan but I couldn't help to be excited when I found out I would attend my very first professional sporting event, a Chicago Bulls basketball game! It was so fun, the Chicago Bulls won 6 titles in the 1990's, they three-peated…twice! The Pistons never did that. One of the greatest players in basketball history, Michael Jordan, played for the Bulls.

And would you believe the Chicago Blackhawks play hockey in this very stadium? Of course they don't play on the basketball court, that would be silly. Underneath the basketball court there is an ice skating rink, and when it's the Blackhawks turn to play workers can take apart the basketball court in under four hours. Seems like a lot of work to me but it must be worthwhile because the Chicago Blackhawks just won the Stanley Cup, which means they are the champions. I got to see the big Stanley Cup Champion banners hanging from the ceiling. I think it's really cool the championship trophy is called Stanley, but that's just my bias.

Watch this video of me cheering as loud as I can during the start of the game.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment