Saturday, December 18, 2010

Off to work





Yesterday I went to work with Aunt Molly. She does graphic design, which I love because that means she makes flat things look pretty! Graphic designers create sketches then use computers to make books, posters, magazines, basically anything and everything that's flat. I think when I grow up I'd make a really good graphic designer. At work she gets to be creative all day and because I was so interested she let me help her on a big project for a company called IBM. She even showed me this poster by Paul Rand, one of the most famous graphic designers of all time. Years and years ago, Paul Rand took the name I B M and instead of spelling it out with letters he made a funny poster with an eye, a bee, and an M. Graphic designers have all the flat fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment